I've committed to something that is going to take a LOT of work & dedication. My friend Patricia has done some pretty amazing things in the last few years. I won't say them all, but I will say that she has become an advocate for fitness & presenting an healthy alternative compared to what our kids face at school and within our communities. Cardston has the Cardston Kids Marathon because of her. I still get shivers and almost teary eyed when I recall the kids all lined up to run their last mile. Mya was so proud of herself & her accomplishment (so was I) and I was part of her 'Run like a Mother' group (How fun is that!!!) Anyways... she is challenging me (and whoever else wants to be part of it) to run 1200 miles in 2012. Yup - 1200 MILES!! And I said YES!
I usually dedicate each of my races to someone. It gives each of my daily runs more meaning to me. So I think because it's one BIG long race year round, I will dedicate each month to someone. Now to be inspired.
3 comments:
Way to go! That is a good idea to dedicate your runs to someone. Good luck, I know you can do it!
Wow! Sheesh woman! Good for you! You can do it!
Sweet! Kym and I just started "running like a mother" and we will be there with you for the 1200! Yeah, Patricia is amazing, eh?
Post a Comment